Al-Bashaer School Library
School library :
- The library mission is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners.
- Our goal is to make sure students have access to information and resources, and to help them learn how to think, plan ,question, search, organize, analyze, create,
respond, and share.
Library Hours :
The library is open from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Sunday through Thursday available for students throughout the day.
Library Role :
- Librarians will work with students , directing them in the use of the Koha system available in the library, as well as recommending the correct materials needed for research and learning.
- librarians help to promote education of students, helping teachers to develop a curriculum and acquire the needed materials for classrooms.
- All library materials are circulated from the computers at the circulation desk.
- Each Elementary class visits the library once a week, during that time,students are taught library and research skills.
- Students enjoy reading stories and select books to be borrowed.
Library collection :
The library collection consist of approximately 5,500 books, organized using the Dewey Decimal classification system.
Library services :
Two books from the circulating collection may be borrowed for one week and renewed
If necessary for an additional week.
The library collection can be searched from the catalog computer In the library.
The library have five computers with internet access.